AWS Database Migration Service is a simple and cost effective way to migrate live, petabyte scale databases both into and out of the AWS Cloud with virtually no downtime. Those databases could be hosted on premise, already in the AWS cloud, or in another cloud.
Paul is a content marketer at Logicata. With over 10 years experience in the Cloud space, Paul enjoys writing about Public Cloud Technology, particularly in relation to AWS and Azure Managed Services.
Amazon Redshift is a Data Warehouse in the Cloud. Amazon Redshift is the AWS Data Warehousing solution enabling business intelligence in the AWS cloud. Redshift enables customers to query petabytes of structured and semi structured data using standard SQL queries. AWS customers can start building a Redshift Data Warehouse for as little as $0.25 per hour, and can scale up their data warehouse in line with business requirements. How does Amazon Redshift Work? Redshift can be configured either as a… Read More »What is Amazon Redshift?
Happy New Year! We all make New Year’s resolutions – lose weight, get fit, get a new job etc. What will yours be? If you are looking to reduce public cloud costs in 2020 then read on as Logicata may be able to help. According to ‘The Cloud Infrastructure Report 2020’ published by Cloudcheckr, only 30% of businesses consider themselves to be managing, tracking and optimizing public cloud costs very well. This leaves a whopping 70% of businesses with cloud… Read More »New Year’s Resolution – Gain Control of Cloud Costs in 2020!
Last week at re:Invent, AWS announced the general availability of AWS Outposts, the hybrid cloud play from AWS which has been in preview since re:Invent 2018. If customers have workloads that they simply have to run on premise, then AWS now have an option to provide AWS services running on AWS hardware running in a rack delivered and installed by AWS in the customer’s on premises datacenter. Why Would You Need AWS Running Locally? But why would you need AWS… Read More »AWS Outposts – Your Questions Answered
**Updated 24th April 2020 when Amazon Managed Apache Cassandra Service went GA as Amazon Keyspaces** Last week at re:Invent 2019, AWS CEO Andy Jassy announced the launch of the preview for the new Amazon Managed Apache Cassandra service (launched in GA as Amazon Keyspaces). But what exactly is it, and why should you care? Apache Cassandra is a free, datacenter scale No SQL database, originally designed by Facebook engineers to power the Facebook Inbox Search feature, and then later open sourced by… Read More »Why Should you Care About Amazon Keyspaces (Managed Apache Cassandra Service)?
When looking to migrate your on-premises IT infrastructure and applications to the public cloud, there are 6 strategies that you can adopt. It is important to analyze your existing application portfolio and categorizethem against the 6 Rs so you can build out your public cloud migration plan. The 6 Rs were originally devised by Amazon Web Services but are now widely adopted by cloud managed service providers regardless of the chosen cloud service provider. So, what are the 6 Rs,… Read More »What are the 6 R’s of Cloud Migration?
So, you’re ready to take the plunge and migrate workloads into AWS. But you have terabytes or petabytes of data – how are you going to get this from your on-premises datacentre into the AWS cloud? Don’t worry, of course AWS have a bunch of services that can help you, but which is the right choice for you? The answer to this question will largely depend on several factors: What is the volume of data to be transferred? What Speed… Read More »5 Ways to Get Your Data into AWS.
At a recent conference about bio-sequencing, Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook, called out that cloud computing costs are getting way too expensive, and that this is holding up advancements in medical research. He specifically called out AWS (Amazon Web Services) and jokingly suggested he may call Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to discuss. Perhaps he has a point in relation to this specific use case – genome sequencing is hugely compute intensive and is an expensive process whether you run it… Read More »Cloud Computing is too Expensive (Says Mark Zuckerberg)
This is a question posed by businesses we speak to – why do I need a Public Cloud Managed Service Provider like Logicata? Why can I not just manage my own cloud? Why should not just deal directly with AWS and Azure and do it all myself? And the answer of course is yes – you can do it yourself, as long as you have access to the necessary skills & tooling that you will need to manage your cloud… Read More »Why do I need a Public Cloud Managed Service Provider?